The Architect provides s a strong blend of advanced technology and business acumen to InCycle’s customers. The successful candidate combines essential elements from technologies, processes and methodologies to help InCycle’s customers improve their software development capabilities by implementing modern Cloud Platform, Design, Data and DevOps practices throughout the organization. The candidate manages improvement projects covering the complete development lifecycle and engages in senior level discussions related to modern application development. Architects also have proven experience consulting and coaching/mentoring teams on applying software development best practices. Architects participate on all aspects of the customers modernization initiative including: project management, maturity assessment, requirements gathering, process analyses, solution architecting and implementation. In addition, Architects are expected to be engaged on several projects at once and maintain a high level of professionalism when dealing with customers.
Upon commencement of your employment, you will report to the President. You will carry out such duties and functions as are required of a Practice Team Member and related duties that are assigned to you by InCycle Software. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Make our customers successful and better at developing software!
- Provide technical pre-sales services to customers.
- Modern application development best practices (Platform, Design, Data and DevOps)) consulting and implementation (up to 100% of the time – depending on Business Development activities).
- Acquire technical and domain expertise on new and emerging practices and contribute in creating consulting packages to be delivered to our clients.
- Contribute to best practice consulting on various aspects of Microsoft Azure including (e.g., IaaS and PaaS related services), Visual Studio, TFS, VSTS Team Services, CI/CD and other development practices.
- Complete modern application development readiness assessments and develop/present recommendations to clients.
- Envision and join improvement initiatives adapted to specific business and technical client needs.
- Perform pre-sales and marketing activities with Microsoft (webinars, demos, in-person sessions, etc.).
- Participate in the creation of customer proposals, statement of work (SOWs), discovery sessions and project scoping calls.
In addition, due to the nature of the work, you will be expected to travel to customer locations (i.e., on site). Overall, you can travel 10-30% of your working time over a year. It is important to note that some periods might include more intense traveling followed by period with less or no travel.